BioShock - Platform: Playstation 3
There are two different endings in the game, depending on how the Little Sisters
were treated. If more than one Little Sister was harvested, the "bad" ending
will play. If no more than one Little Sister was harvested, but the rest were
rescued, the "good" ending will play.
Restoring hacked robot's health:
After hacking a robot, it will begin firing at your enemies. If the robot gets
hit, it will begin to lose health, catch on fire, and eventually blow up. To
stop this from happening, deactivate the robot (press X while pointing at the
robot), then reactivate it a few seconds later. This should make the robot have
full health again.
Hitting the jackpot at slot machine:
Save the game before you start playing the slot machine. Then, keep reloading
your saved game until you hit the jackpot.
Use the Incinerate Plasmid on any slot machine to corrupt the machine. You will
usually always win money when you use the burnt out machine.
While normally the various alcoholic beverages (for example, Arcadia Merlot, Old
Tom Whiskey, etc.) scattered throughout the game are used to recover health,
they can be turned into Molotov cocktails similar to those used by the "Nitro
Splicer" enemy. To do this, use a source of flame, such as the chemical thrower,
the Incinerate! Plasmid, or an environmental source. Ignite the alcohol bottle,
pick it up with the Telekinesis Plasmid, and throw it at the enemy of choice.
Save game recommendations:
Save the game before fighting a Big Daddy or other difficult enemies. If you do
not like the results (used too much health, wasted too much ammunition, etc.),
you can simply reload your saved game and try again until you are satisfied.
After becoming a Big Daddy, create a new saved game. At this point, you will be
close to the end of the game. If you missed something, you can go to the
Bathysphere and explore Rapture again; you are also a Big Daddy now so the
Splicers will not harm you, security cameras will not set off alarms, etc.
1. Security Expert: On a shelf in the Twilight Fields mortuary.
2. Speedy Hacker: In the corner of Painless Dental.
3. Wrench Jockey: In Kure All, through the crawl shaft on the floor.
4. Hacker's Delight: Activate the furnace in the Eternal Flame Crematory.
5. Static Discharge: In the Surgery Foyer next to Steinman's lab.
6. Eve Link: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
7. Armored Shell: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
8. Wrench Lurker: Lower Wharf, near the edge of the walkway (after you get the
9. Focused Hacker: Inside Fontaine Fisheries, next to first pneumo tube.
10. Medical Expert: On the lower Wharf as you enter the level.
11. Extra Nutrition: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
12. Security Evasion: On the lower left area of Arcadia. It will be next to a
dead Houdini Splicer that is surrounded by four Thuggish Splicers.
13. Hacking Expert: On the desk as you enter the Research Laboratories.
14. Shorten Alarms: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
15. Human Inferno: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
16. Eve Link 2: To the left of the entrance, near the Circus Of Value and
17. Photographers Eye: In the bunk of the bottom floor of the winery.
18. Alarm Expert: On the balcony of the fleet Hall. Jump to it from the
balcony next to it.
19. Frozen Field: Search Matin Finnegan's corpse.
20. Extra Nutrition 2: Down the stairs behind the main stairway of the main
atrium near Eve's Garden.
21. Electric Flesh: In Cohen's dressing room. Must complete his masterpiece,
then go to the room next to the upstairs projection booth.
22. Medical Expert 2: Unlocked by Sander after you complete his masterpiece.
23. Hacking Expert 2: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
24. Bloodlust: Must be invented in the U-Invent machine
25. Booze Hound: Must be invented in the U-Invent machine
26. Hacker's Delight 2: Must be invented in the U-Invent machine
27. Frozen Field 2: On a desk in the bottom corner of the central core.
28. Security Evasion 2: In Lower Heat Loss Monitoring on a desk.
29. Damage Research: Secret crawlspace in the back of the lower workshops.
30. Shorten Alarms 2: Geothermal core (after you deploy the bomb).
31. Clever Inventor: On a desk in Suchong's Apartment.
32. Electric Flesh 2: On a desk in Fontaine's Apartment.
33. Speedy Hacker 2: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
34. Wrench Lurker 2: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
35. Medical Expert 3: Second floor of Suchong's clinic.
36. Focused Hacker 2: Fourth floor of the Hestia building.
37. Safe Cracker 2: Autopsy room of the first floor of Little Wonders.
38. Alarm Expert 2: On a filing cabinet in Point Prometheus.
39. Damage Research 2: On a desk in the second floor library.
40. Hacker's Delight 3: Next to Rosie helmets in Failsafe Armory.
41. Human Inferno 2: Purchased at Gatherer's Garden
42. Safecracker: Rescue 6 Little sisters.
43. Armored Shell 2: Rescue 15 Little sisters.
44. Prolific Inventor: Rescue 18 Little sisters.
45. Natural Camoflage: Research level 2 Houdini Splicers.
46. Scrounger: Research level 2 Leadhead Splicers.
47. Sportboost: Research level 2 Thuggish Splicer.
48. Photographer's Eye 2: Research level 2 Rosie.
49. Wrench Jockey 2: Research level 2 Bouncer.
50. Extra Nutrition 3: Research level 4 Spider Splicer.
51. Sportboost 2: Research level 4 Thuggish Splicer.
52. Static Discharge 2: Research level 4 Leadhead Splicer.
53. Security Expert 2 : Research level 2 Security Bot.
Weapon Upgrade Station locations:
1: In Peach Wilkins' hideout (Neptune's Bounty), bottom floor. As soon as you
come downstairs, it is directly in front of you.
2: On the way to Farmer's Market in Arcadia, the station is located to the
left after you go up the first stairs coming from Tree Farm.
3: Go to Winery's basement in Farmer's Market. There is a flooded area with
one of them attached to the wall. It is in front of you when you come down the
stairs; just keep going forward.
4: In Fort Frolic, from the Atrium bottom floor, go towards the bathrooms.
Then, move right and follow the path until you see some small stairs to your
right leading up to a door. Go inside, then go down into the basement. The
basement is filled with cigars and other stuff. The upgrade station is on the
5: Go to Poseidon Plaza in Fort Frolic. Go to the other end of the bottom
floor (the opposite end of where you enter). Go into Sinclair Spirits (the
room that has a corpse on a sort of "altar"). In the basement of this store is
6: In Hephaestus Core Room, go down to the bottom floor, and run around
(literary). Eventually you will see it attached to the wall.
7: In Hephaestus, Kyburz's office. It is attached to the left wall (back
turned to the entrance) in the rear of the room.
8: At the bottom floor of the Mercury Suites area, on the back of the center
9: In Sander Cohen's secret room, in the Olympus Heights' Mercury Suites area.
10: Go to Atlas' Headquarters in Apollo Square (Fontaine's Home For The Poor
area). It is located on the fourth floor. Go down the stairs in the room and
look to the right. The station will be in front of you.
11: When you enter Point Prometheus and chase Fontaine, eventually you will
end up in a little square, and Fontaine will go behind a locked Museum door.
At the opposite end of this square (from where you came) is a dead Big Daddy.
Next to it is the upgrade.
12: In the Voice changing labs in Point Prometheus, one of the labs has it.
When you start, you will have the Wrench and the Electric Bolt Plasmid. Using
these in rapid succession against most Splicers can often result in an
efficient, quick kill. First, shock the Splicer. Before the convulsion ends,
switch to the wrench, aim high, and hit the Splicer over the head. An efficient
way of killing the Spider Splicers is to shoot a few clips of anti-personnel
ammunition, preferably from the machine gun.
Finding Chompers' Dental key:
The key to Chompers' Dental in the Medical Pavilion is acquired by using
Telekinesis through the broken window to the left of the door. There should be a
corpse hanging over the broken window. The key should be grabbed with
Telekinesis because it is hanging on a wall on the other side of the window. You
can get Telekinesis in an area near here. You will need to get that first, but
do not follow the arrow back to the rubble that you need to get rid of until you
explore Chompers' Dental. There is a safe and other good items inside. Note:
Both Telekinesis and Chompers' Dental are near where you find the shotgun.
Reaching Atlas Fontaine's penthouse:
The code to get to Atlas Fontaine's penthouse is "5744", which is in an Audio
Defeating Frank Fontaine:
To defeat Frank Fontaine very fast, when you first enter the room, hit him with
the tool the Little Sisters gave you. Fight him when he throws you off. Once he
is back on the bed, run up and hit him again with the tool to drain his Adam.
This works a lot faster due to him only having four or five jars of Adam to
drain, and the fights are not very long afterwards.
Defeating Peach Wilkins:
Once the dark cloud envelopes the icy battlefield upon which you must face Peach
Wilkins, save the game, and locate the hostile turret at the end of the room
when the cloud clears. Load the game, and run to it before the cloud clears, so
that you can quickly freeze or shock it. Then, hack it so it shoots your
enemies. Crouch down by the area to your right when facing the turret. There are
a few barriers here to protect you from enemy fire. However, to avoid damage by
Wilkins' grenades, keep Telekinesis as your active Plasmid. He will avoid the
turret's fire, but as long as you stay behind the barriers by the turret he will
stay at a safe distance. This gives you time to calmly return his grenades using
Telekinesis until he dies. The turret will take out most of the Splicers. This
method makes things much easier because it eliminates the hectic "run around and
hit enemies with the wrench" strategy that is otherwise your only option. If the
turret is not used as an ally, it can easily become a problem, along with the
bots triggered by the security camera. By hiding near the allied turret however,
you also hide from the camera's view.
Defeating security robots:
If you are up against a stationary security robot (RPG, etc.), use Telekenesis
to grab a crate or pallet. Hold it in front of you until you can find a place to
hide and know what to do next. The item you hold up will block some attacks.
In the Arcadia level, you will find a place that appears to be a bar. Search
around a bit, and you will see a block of cheese, followed by holes. The cheese
is cut like Pac-Man himself. There are holes next to it, none of which can be
gun shots. If you shoot the floor with any weapon you have, the marks will not
Free Health Packs:
Submitted by: Lars Axelsen
While you can buy health packs at health stations for $10, you can get them for
free by simply smashing the machines with your wrench. After a few hits, between
1-3 health packs should lie on the floor for you to grab, for free.