You're creeping through a deserted city late at night, ducking behind
walls, slinking from shadow to shadow. Somewhere someone in this city
has a sniper rifle, and their scope is zoomed, looking for you. You've
tossed away your SPAS12 assault shotgun, useless since it ran out of
shells, and now you're armed only with your trusty .50 Desert Eagle
pistol. Was that footsteps you heard up there, near that open window?
Dare you stick your head up into the light to take a look? Better creep
around the back way, silent as possible and ambush that sniper from
behind. You may only get one shot...
This is a possible scenario from Urban Terror, a 'realistic' total
conversion mod for Quake 3 Arena. What that means is that Urban Terror
is a game based on Quake 3 that replaces the normal Quake 3 weapons,
maps and game play with weapons, maps and game play that simulates
conventional combat situations. Think of it as a online game of skirmish
(paintball) - only better!
A number features are being added which make Urban Terror quite a
different game to Quake 3. Some of these features include:
- Realistic weapons based on conventional firearms with physics
modelled from the real thing: they recoil and behave in a way that
simulates the real thing.
- Conventional equipment - laser sights, bullet proof vests thermo
goggles to name only a few.
- Maps - real world maps with new textures that will take you out of
the Quake 3 Arena and place you into more familiar territory, like a
railyard, city, waterfront, hotel or the city streets.
- Player models - new male and female models with a variety of
original skins, from FBI agent and G.I. trooper to thug and
- Locational damage - you will be able to target different regions
of your opponent's body. If you only want to slow them down, aim for
the legs: if you want to go for the kill, aim high...
- Bleeding - once you get hit, you start bleeding, so your health
gets lower each second until you bandage or bleed to death. The more
times you get hit, the faster you bleed.
- Enhanced falling damage - don't try jumping off a three story
building unless there's no other way out.
- All new graphics - redesigned heads up display, user interface and
- Balanced game play and scoring systems - in order to make the mod
as enjoyable as possible, we're working to make sure that all
weapons are balanced, so the only thing that determines who wins a
round is a players skill...We want to reward players with a fair and
accurate scoring system (say g'bye to stolen frags).
- And much, much more - We're planning to implement a variety of
features, some of which haven't been seen in Quake mods before.
If you want to get more details about the game, check out the forum:
there's many details about the game and features being discussed all the
time, and if your question isn't answered, then ask one. The development
team members come from all over the world, you'll usually get an answer