Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Submitted by: David K.
* Feel free to change classes at your leisure. Unlike other MMOs, FFXIV:
A Realm Reborn is a game in which you can easily change your character
on the fly.
* Levequests are a great way to gain experience, as they can be repeated.
* Hold on to lower level quests in case you change classes and need to
level up quickly. Otherwise you'll be forced to grind in less efficient
ways, such as participating in FATEs (essentially public quests).
* Always head to an inn before you log off. You get a nice little experience
boost while you rest at the inn.
* Crafting classes are a great way to make items that can be sold for gil.
You can also farm for crafting materials, which can be sold for other
crafters to purchase.
* Feel free to rebind keys to your liking. If you're going to spending hours
upon hours with a MMO, it's best to get comfortable.
* Don't worry about holding on to too much gear, as the armory chest takes
care of that problem. Only potions and other important materials actually
make it to the inventory.
* Definitely consider working towards a specialized class (job), as they
have very useful/powerful abilities. It means you'll have to level up
multiple classes, but it'll be worth it.