Submitted by: Indra Permata Dinda
* When fighting a large ship that has you severely outgunned, try
to go in for a sword fight instead of trying to shoot the ship.
* The best skills to choose at the start are sword fighting, and
navigation. Sword fighting will make your opponents move more
slowly in a sword fight, and navigation will let your ship
travel faster and turn more quickly.
* When fighting against unbelievable odds dont panic. Choose the
long sword. Keep using the slash-high attack to cause the most
damage. You may get down to only one man left, but you can still
defeat the enemy captain. After you win, select send a prize crew
so you will have enough people to sail your ship.
* Don't attack a nation your home country is allied with, it will
upset both of them.
* Don't wed till you've got all your promotions, your oppurtunities
will be much better. Make conversation with all the governors
daughters, however, they might gather important information for
you from the governors mansion.
Easy rank increase:
Hail all friendly ships that are encountered and ask for news.
Eventually, a Letter of Marque from that nation will be collected.
Repeat this keep increasing in rank.
Get to 40 years old. The crew will always be happy no matter what
the size for some time.