Total War Battles: Kingdom
Submitted by: David K
* Attacking can be challenging and will require strategy and constant
adaptations. Choose to attack based on the active quests you have.
* Learn the types of enemies you will be encountering. Adjust the troops
that will be used in battle based on their types. Rotate your troops
to get the best advantage against that type of enemy.
* Challenging battles are easy to win if you have the correct troops.
Brutal battles are difficult but still can be won, but may require a
boost at the start.
* When losing a battle, do not retreat. It will require less for your
troops to recover, but you will not gain any experience. Retreat
before you get any casualties or do not retreat at all.
* Switch out your troops at the correct moment. If you switch troops
to get the bonus against them too soon, the enemy will also swap
theirs to regain the advantage. Time the switch perfectly, before
the troops start charging to keep your enemy from swapping theirs.
After troops begin charging, you cannot swap troops until they stop.
* Upgrade your units. Types that do not seem very useful can be of
help after they are upgraded. Tap the "Army Setup" button and select
each of them. You can get a skill then upgrade it as the unit earns
more experience points. Mix and match the skills and consider that
the one you select will remain with that troop. Consider those that
will give extra attack boosts for archers and long ranged troops,
as well as ones that give you troops back for melee troops.
* After reaching level 21, you can begin to craft better equipment
for your troops. Do this with your first row of units, then begin
* Perfect charges are important. Tap the "Charge" button at the
correct moment to get an extra bonus in battle.
* Watch how the battlefield evolves. Archers are very useful to
provide support fire to your troops. Aim the archer shots at
other archers at first, then switch targets to troops that are
not directly involved in combat, if your melee troops do not
require help. Friendly fire can cause damage to your own troops.
Minimize that risk as long as possible. Switch troops between them
during the battle. Use special Church bonuses to replenish your
troops. gain the advantage, and taunt the enemy to attack troops
you want them to.
* Build your kingdom based on the bonuses that neighboring buildings
will convey to each other. When you build a new structure, examine
it to check what nearby buildings are required to get a maximum
bonus. They attempt to build those required buildings nearby. Use
your starting castle as a learning point, then build the other
structures with those bonuses in mind.
* Eventually you will need a bit of everything, but at the start to
specialize your castles and focus on resource production. Keep
your silver producing castle in one place, with mansions,
blacksmiths and churches for its bonus.
* Mines, Farms, Woodcutters, etc. will not count toward your
castle's building cap. Build as many of them as space allows
to maximize your resources.
* Build roads and connect them using new castles or watchtowers
to expand your kingdom. Roads will eventually get very expensive.
Consider the distances you must cover. Plan your roads and how
each new castle looks like. Each new area will require a new
* Try to have a complete setup of craftsmen, and not peasants, in
your kingdom as they give better bonuses. Build mansions and
train your peasants to upgrade them into craftsmen to keep your
progress from slowing down.