The award-winning Battlefield franchise invades the high tech
frontlines of modern warfare in the new sequel, Battlefield 2™.
The game brings the intensity and excitement of Battlefield
1942™ into the modern era with enhanced team play and the
latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons
systems available to man.
In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three
military superpowers: the United States, the Chinese, or the
newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern
weaponry, players can take control of any of the game's 30+
vehicles to engage in major conflicts with over 100 players in
some of the largest online battles on the PC. Additionally,
persistent character growth allows players to rise through the
ranks and attain the ultimate rank of General.
An all-new game engine and physics system brings the modern
battlefield to life like never before. The new material
penetration feature measures weapons' ability to fire through
barriers based on their composition and players will need to
know the difference between concealment and cover in order to
Battlefield 2 features immense, richly detailed, destructible
environments, from city streets to remote forests, in some of
the most notorious hot spots around the world. Each map in
Battlefield 2 adjusts in scale to support the number of players
in the world, providing the ideal vehicle- to-player ratio and
an optimized gameplay experience.
Enhanced team play features allow players to enter the action on
the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the
scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of
Soldier kits now affect vehicles that players utilize on the
battlefield. For instance, the medic kit can transform a vehicle
into a mobile aid station and the special ops kit can render
aircraft undetectable to enemy radar.
- Online multiplayer action with 100+ players on the PC.
- All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to
life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.
- Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle
for a unique and intense experience every time.
- Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles,
including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack
vehicles, and fighter jets.
- Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East
Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
- A variety of solider classes including Assault, Sniper,
Special Ops, Combat Engineer, and Anti-Tank units.
- New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including heat
seeking missiles and laser designated bombs.
- Material penetration feature makes sure players know the
difference between cover and concealment.
- Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success,
players increase their rank from recruit all the way to
General and unlock awards, including new weapons, vehicle
decals, medals, and more.
- Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume
the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his
- Full in-game community support including, buddy lists,
stat tracking, live chat rooms, and in-game clan creation.
- Voice-over IP supported with USB headset.