Grand Theft Auto IV
- GTA 4 - The Story: What does the American dream mean today? For
Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can
escape his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that
together they find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of
opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal
underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they
discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city
that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have
them and a living nightmare for those who don't.
- His name is Niko Bellic.
- He is Eastern European
- He is in his mid-thirties.
- He wants to live the American
- Can use a cellphone to call
- Character movements are more
- Changing clothes is possible
- Can climb ladders
- You can use the internet by using
a computer found in LC.
- You can see the damage that is
done to you. If you get shot, you will see it on Niko.
- Eating and sleeping helps you
- It is possible to drink liquour
and be drunk. The radar will tell you that you are drunk, and
your vision will be blurred.
- Health is represented by a green
semi circle by the radar. Armor is a red semi circle.
Resting, eating, and medi kits help you restore health.
- You cannot enter every building.
However, you can interact with most of them; fire escapes,
stairways, rooftops etc.
- You cannot manage property, own
gangs or trade.
- After the first loading sequence
finishes when you turn on the game, there will be no more
loading screens. This includes going in and out of buildings.
- All the camera views from the
previous GTA games can still be used. There is a dashboard view
- The game is automatically saved
after you complete a mission.
- In the previous games, the clock
was 1 real minute = 1 in game hour. It is now 2 real minutes = 1
in game hour.
- It is the same as previous GTA
games when you die, WASTED!, nearest hospital, weapons taken
- More realistic missions.
- Will have multiple possible
- Developing relationships with
different characters is important. There will be different
relationships for each character, allowing you to have different
outcomes. Differenet relationships provide different rewards.
- Characters will look different
every time you meet them, instead of wearing the same clothes
all the time.
- Maintaining your relationship with
other characters. For example if you have a good relationship
with the gun dealer, he can come to you instead of you going to
- Pool, eating, darts, drinking and
bowling are just some of the activities you can do in the game
with other story characters.
- Hand to hand combat is being
- Shooting different parts of the
body has different outcomes.
- If you walk around the streets
with a gun in your hand, pedestrians may call the cops on you.
- Ammunation is gone. Now you have
your own personel weapons dealer that you will have to meet up
with in order to get your weapons.
- More powerful weapons are able to
shoot through walls.
- The police are more vigilant in
GTA IV. It is harder to exscape.
- You get a Wanted Level Star for
every crime you commit. But only if someone sees you commit the
- When you get the star, a circle on
the map appears, which is the search area. That is where cops
will be searching.
- You can get out of the search area
and lose the wanted level stars if noone sees you. If you are
seen however, the search area circle moves to where you were
- This means that the cops will not
always know where you are like in previous GTA games.
- The circle differs in size
depending on your wanted level.
- Pay N' Spray will not help you get
- Every police car has a computer in
it, which can be accessed to view files and anybody who has a