Submitted by: David K.
How to equip Accessories:
There are different ways to get the Accessories, all you need to do is buy
them from 2K Store which is a default option or you can earn accessories as
rewards by performing different activities on your days off. Sometimes
pre-ordered deluxe edition of the game also gets you many different shoes
or you can get shoes from endorsements etc. To apply the accessories to
your MyPlayer, go to the 2K store and Select accessories.
Search for the accessory you want to apply then equip to wear it.
How to equip Tattoos:
You need Virtual Currency to buy tattoos from the in-game store. You can
earn virtual currency in the game itself. After every game, you will be
rewarded with some amount of this virtual Currency or you can spend real
money to buy. Once you have enough VC, search for 2K Store in the main
menu then Everything Else category, there you can buy tattoos of your
choice. Applying tattoo is an easy task. Simply go to the MyPlayer
Appearance, there select Player Customization. After that select Choose
Tattoos then Search for the tattoo you want to apply and apply it on your
Player's body part.
How to Farm Virtual Currency:
Here are some finest Tips and Trick you can get to farm the Virtual Currency.
Note: The Pre-order Bonus VC cannot be used in The Prelude, you have to wait
until the full game is released.
This Farming technique is not included in the Prelude, but you can try it
one the game is out. Go to My League and let the CPU play games against
each other. All you need to do is wait for the game to end and do not touch
the controller. The Longer the game the more VC you get.
The Best and the easiest way to farm your money is the Career Mode which
offers different games and challenges. Every Game rewards you a decent
amount of VC.
-=NBA 2K17 App=-
If you download and open the NBA 2K17 App, try to play some cards game
and this will also reward you with Decent VC.
If App is not working right for you then try watching some clips on NBA
2KTV and try to answer the questions that fire up and you get a good
amount of VC.
Tips and Tricks:
You need to practice and perfect it first before challenging top teams.
* When is comes to defense, use most eligible defenders to guard superstars
in the coaching options?
* Every team is having pick & roll and off-ball movements etc. as set of
plays. Use the L1 (LB) button and select suitable one using the right
stick to run plays.
* When it comes to offense, don't rush things until you managed to grab a
defensive rebound/steal or your way is all clear to reach basket or when
it is a fast break. You can run for 2 or 3 pick and rolls or plays
according to the situation in 24 seconds time.
* Press L1 to call for a pick and roll.
* Press L1 after calling for the pick to early slip or fade.
* Use R1 to switch between roll and fade.
* Use R2 to change pick and roll for the right side and the left side of
the ball handler.
* After picking and roll, trick your opponents by acting like you are
going for a shot, drive for a layup or pass it.
* If you can't manage the pick, go back and try another one or even with
the another player in defense.
* If you try for a roll, your teammates go for the basket after the screen.
It would be good if the screener is having the medium range or 3pt shoot
rating for good jumpers.
* When it comes to shooting, the perfect shot release is important.
* Player's feet should be looking towards the basket while shooting as
feet position is also important for a shot.
* Keep is notice that different players shoot more efficiently from
different areas of the Court.
* It is very important to learn the Strengths and weaknesses of your
team so that you can perform better by overcoming them.
* To master the "perfect release", you have to practice a lot as the
different player has different shot release time.
* Make sure to utilize all the great skills, for example, 3pt shooting
skills, centers and power Forwards of your players in the team.
* You can set the substitution settings to manual to substitute your
player according to need, once you get to know their skills.
* For the bounce pass - Circle (B)
* For a flashy pass - Circle (B) press twice quickly
* For the standard chest pass - X (A on the Xbox)
* For an overhead pass - Triangle (Y)
* For "give and go" - hold X (A) button after your movement, release X (A)
button for quick pass.
* For an alley oop pass - Triangle (Y) press twice quickly.
* For an off the board, alley oop - tap Triangle twice after aiming.
* First check your Camera angles and positions to know better court vision,
select the one you are comfortable with, to check on your teammates which
are open for a pass.
* Call for an Isolation and play one on one when your point guard is guarded
by other team's center or power forward player, after some moves you will
be able to go for a shot or a pass.
* Try to take advantage of your height and post moves to go for a basket
when your Center is being guarded by other team's point guard or shooting
guard, who are smaller in height and watch out for 5 seconds back-to-back
violations and 3 seconds in the key
* There are some fouling shooters who are bad at free throws in the game,
take advantage of that and make them earn 2 points. Press the Intentional
foul button when foul shooters get the ball on the court.
* To avoid offensive rebound, you need to box out on the second free throw
* Make sure that you are in foul bonus and make sure that your key players
to not to get fouled out.
At the main menu, select "Play Now", then "Play Now Online", and choose a Tier
4 team. Once the game starts, immediately foul the opposing team, then pause
the game and select "Quit". You should get approximately 500 VC. Repeat the
same progress again. After quitting a second time, quit the game entirely by
either closing the game app from the system menu or resetting the system.
Then, repeat this process as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount
of VC. Note: This glitch was performed on an unpatched version of the game
and will eventually get patched.
Set up a MyLeague using one of the historic Bulls team, then Simcast live
through each game to get approximately 200 to 300 VC for each game. It takes
about 15 minutes per game. Download the MyNBA2K17 app. You can get free VC
at least three times a day, using three accounts (for example, using your
iPad and Android device). You can login via GameCenter to get VC, then Google
to get more VC, then just using your 2K account. They are three different
sets of cards for three times the daily VC.
Grand Badges are secret badges that give players a special meter providing them
a temporary buff in MyCareer matches and are some of the best boosts that a player
can get in the game. Each archetype in the game has a Grand Badge that is exclusive
to it. There is one Grand Badge in the game called the Sharpshooter Pro Grand
Badge that allows a player to shoot from almost anywhere on the court. To get a
Grand Badge, you must perform a character's Archetype Badge over a hundred times.
Once you unlock a Grand Badge, a red icon will appear under the player.
Note: You can still achieve badge progression on the Rookie difficulty.
Set up a MyLeague using one of the historic Bulls team, then Simcast live through
each game to get approximately 200 to 300 VC for each game. It takes about 15
minutes per game. Download the MyNBA2K17 app. You can get free VC at least three
times a day, using three accounts (for example, using your iPad and Android device).
You can login via GameCenter to get VC, then Google to get more VC, then just using
your 2K account. They are three different sets of cards for three times the daily VC.
In MyCareer mode, an easy way to get VC is from endorsement meetings and events.
Complete as many games as possible in the shortest duration and attend these
meetings to get a good amount of VC. Additionally, if you are confident in your
abilities, you can try playing MyCareer games on the Hall Of Fame difficulty to
get as much as 1,000 VC per game –- depending on how you perform.
In MyLeague mode, let the CPU play the franchise games. All you need to do is to
make sure to leave the controller in the middle of the game and let the AI control
both the teams. At the end of the game, you will be awarded with a decent amount
VC –- depending on the length of the game. You can simply leave the game running
in the background and do other things. Return when the game complete and start a
new game. Repeat this as many times as desired.
Download the NBA 2K17 smartphone app titled MyNBA2K17. For almost everything you
do in the app, you will earn a small amount of VC. You can also watch the NBA
2KTV clips that appear when you start the game and answer some simple questions
afterwards to get a decent amount of VC.