Submitted by: David K.
Here are some defensive tips that will help when enemies start attacking you.
* Place archers on towers, as this will help give them extra range when enemies
get close to your castle.
* Utilize traps to your advantage. Use pitch ditches at the right time to
devastate your opposition. You can also use traps to dwindle the numbers of
enemy archers before they make it to your walls.
* Make sure to have some kind of defenses on all sides, so the enemy doesn't
surprise you when attacking your weak sides.
* Place braziers on wall, so you can use flaming arrows, which do more damage.
Also, section off parts of your castle and line the walls with archers; this
will make sure that enemies coming from that direction are swarmed with arrows.
* Don't forget about bears and wolves, as they can wreak havoc on your town if
you don't know they're coming.
* Strategically place walls so that attackers that aren't backed up by siege
equipment are tricked into traps and swarmed by ranged attacks.
This is the third chapter in FireFly Studios's hit castle-sim and siege-warfare
RTS franchise. In Stronghold 3, castle building -- the foundation of the franchise
-- has been significantly improved, providing players with unprecedented control
over the placement of buildings. This allows them to create their kingdom with
a precision that compliments their carefully planned tactics. What's more, village
planning is no longer confined to a grid system; players can now create castle walls
that flow gracefully ... until they’re blasted to pieces by the enemy.
On top of Stronghold 3's innovations in castle construction, night sieges have
been introduced, opening up a range of new possibilities and tactics. Players
will have to hunt enemy soldiers cloaked in darkness and carefully choose their
weapons in order to survive the dark hours. A state-of-the-art graphics engine
lets you view your buildings in stunning detail. From villagers going about their
everyday lives, to soldiers preparing for war or people suffering from the plague,
players are given a highly-detailed snapshot of medieval life.
Additionally, a refined physics engine with procedural destruction adds intensity
and drama to siege warfare as you watch your castle -- or that of your enemy --
crumble into ruin before your eyes.
* Improved building system allowing unprecedented levels of realism and intricacy
in castle and village design.
* Realistic physics and cutting-edge graphics bring siege warfare to life in
* Story-driven gameplay engages players across two campaigns: combat or economic.
* Dramatic nighttime sieges add a new dimension to the Stronghold franchise.
* Besiege other players' castles or defend your own in a range of action-packed
online multiplayer modes.
* Play through accurately re-created sieges from the pages of history. Will you
succeed where others failed?